Monday, August 31, 2009

Cute as a button!

Our newest addition!!!


Emily Mae Walker
8-29-2009 at 11:03
6 lbs. 1.7 oz 18 1/2 inches

Saturday I woke up and planned on having an eventful day, but my list included getting my pre-clinic done at Gritman, Go home, clean and head over to my baby shower at my parents house. After the shower, go home and clean a little more, go to friends baby shower and then go home and enjoy the rest of my Saturday.

Instead, it went something like this:

8:00- went to Gritman for pre-clinics. (filling out paper work) Had one small contraction, which I thought was my stomach wishing I would have had breakfast first.

9:00- went home- starting feeling a few contractions.

9:30- Called my husband in a panic because contractions were 3 1/2 minutes apart. Husband---out playing paintball and out of cell coverage range. Called my mom instead. Luckily I got a hold of one of Matt's friends who he was playing with.

10:00- Arrived at Gritman and got checked in.

10:20- Matt arrived at Hospital. He would not have made it if we would not have been able to get in touch with him. Thanks Logan for having your phone on you!

10:40-Dr. Arrived at hospital.

10:45-started pushing

11:03- Emily decided to make her grand entrance.

At one point the nurse told me that an epidural was not going to happen, which made the decision of wanting one or not really easy. I did not even have time to change into a gown. I was pretty nervous because I had not really prepared myself a whole lot. I had packed a bag for the hospital, although it was not completely packed. I still had 2 weeks in my mind since her due date is not until September 13th. Emily had other plans.

Baby, Daddy, and Mommy are all doing well at home. We got to come home today (Monday August 31) even though we were really hoping for last night. She is beautiful and has cute little chubby cheeks.



10 comments:

Jay and Camille said...

She is adorable! We are so happy for you. I hope Emily gave my daughter a few pointers before she left and mine will come just as easily - however, with a little more notice.
We love you guys!

The Cornett Family said...

HOLY COW!!! I can't believe you had her already!, And SOOO quickly! Especially for your first!!! And I thought my labor was quick!!! She's beautiful and we're so happy for you! Let us know if you need anything...including dinner!!!

Steve and Debbie Rigby said...

She's so beautiful! Great job Lyndee and we're glad you got there in time, Matt! We can't wait to start spoiling her rotten.

Johnna Jayne said...

That's so fun she came a little early. I would love that! She sure is a cutie.

Lyss said...

Yeah Lyndee! She is a doll face! We can't wait to meet her in person! Love, love, love the name!

Katyanne said...

she decided she wanted to make school deadlines is what she was thinking....

Ball of Fire said...

OK...first of all its unfair that you go to the hospital to have a baby and have it in under two hours...!! Did your doctor tell you to camp out at the hospital the last month of your 2nd pregnancy??...you wont make it! Congrats on a speedy delivery, healthy beautiful baby and welcome to parent hood! We are proud of you. The Duponts

Jaina said...

Yay! It was so great to see you Lyndee and your beautiful family. Emily is so cute! She will be so much fun. Congrats!

T3 said...

What a cutie! What a fast delivery, I'm glad Matt was able to make it. :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She's so cute and you are so lucky it was so fast with your first. We're so happy for you guys and sad we aren't there to see her.